Anyway, I removed the hardware, sanded it, put a primer coat on it, and began the process of painting it. My daughter made the mistake of saying she wasn't in any hurry for it so I took my time, making sure I did it right.
I finally purchased a rolling plant stand that I put under the table so I wouldn't have to move to paint each area. I merely turned the table as I went along painting. So much easier on the body.
Six long months later, I finally finished the table, by which time my daughter was to the point of desperate and had been ready for the table since last month. I told her she shouldn't have told me she wasn't in any hurry. Ha!Now the table has gone to Austin to live with our daughter, who loves her new bedside table.